International Forest Therapy Guide Diploma & Shinrin Yoku Practitioner Training Course
This course is in 3 parts and is designed for those who wish to guide others in the woods,
and help people to discover their own connection, and meaning in Nature,
underpinned by an understanding of the science behind the healing.
This is how it works:
SY Basic course
Praxis & Mentoring
Deeper into the woods
A 3 day training non residential (apart from Croatia course) based in South Devon or Northern England venues. This leads to an internally generated certificate which will enable you to start leading walks and get insurance, under our guidance. The cost of the course covers:
- New Guide Manual
- Mentoring process
- Membership of the online community.
This stage is included in the Basic Course fee that you have already paid. It takes a minimum of 6 months, and a maximum 3 years to complete.
You will also have an allocated Mentor, a regular phone/skype/visit contact through your Praxis period.
This stage leads you up to the Advanced course.
This is an Advanced Training Course that can be completed when the basic course and mentoring stage has been completed.
It is a 3 Day residential course deepening our understanding of the therapeutic benefits and modalities of SY work: forest immersion, night walks, campfire stories, sensory exercises and creative approaches to metaphor and symbol recognition. Includes Short practical assessment leading to the award of: International Forest Therapy Guide Diploma.
Benefits of the Praxis & Mentoring course
- Greater support for students through Supervision.
- Our new online community and resources pages
- Reduced rate Insurance
- Connection to local practitioners
- More time for each training to network, reflect and ask questions about your specific projects.
3 Day Basic Course Content:
The course is divided into modules that overlap covering –
- History of Shinrin Yoku
- Science and Research
- Philosophy and Ethics – Shinto, Tao, Christian, Pagan.
- Language and Poetry
- How to manage and Lead walks in Nature
- What constitutes a good SY walk venue
- Risk assessment and practice
- Therapeutic benefits of Nature, and limitations
- Psychology of Nature Immersion
- Our Spiritual selves and Nature
- Reciprocity and completing circles
- Tree lore and tree attunement.
- Sensory attunement exercises
- Insurance, permissions, First Aid
- Site selection and walk planning
- Tree Essentail Oils, benefits of Spa treatments
Each day we will
- visit 2 contrasting areas of woodland,
- engage with sensory exercises, &
- experiential practices, which we will then unpack and learn how to –
- evoke the magic of Nature,
- help others to rediscover their connection to inner and outer selves,
- develop our own personal style of leadership
- lead a short section of a walk
- Tea ceremony
- Q & A time
- Lunch by the River
- Walking in the woods ( barefoot optional)
- cover a range of themes relating to group management, and how to construct a great Shinrin Yoku walk in your area.
- Short led walk assessment
As a Psychotherapist, Stefan finds collaborating with Nature so much more heart centred, and therefore more effective and dynamic at Somatic connection, release, change and deep realisation, and renewed vigour.
The way that Nature seems to mirror our concerns and answers our questions, or teaches us lessons we don’t want to learn is all part of the magic and mystery of this beautiful wild journey.
Stefan is offering individual Shinrin Yoku and Nature Therapy sessions outdoors.
Feel the presence of Nature as a powerful healer.
In locations all over South Devon from the woods, the open moor or by beautiful Devon coastline. Please contact Stefan to discuss details, prices and meeting.
Escape the confinement of your office, join us in the immersion of the Forest.
Experience nature’s ability to de-stress.
We offer bespoke, deep, calming, insightful and fun away days for groups and teams
Embrace the unknown
Learn more about yourself
Bring life into sharp focus, learn about where your edge is,
where your heart beats, and how to connect with that
‘wild and dangerously free’ self that John O’Donnahue alludes to.
Stefan is a qualified Life Coach and loves the metaphors that
Nature throws up in this growth process.
Please contact Stefan for prices and further details
Contact Stefan on
for more details on any of
these courses or services.