Our Mission is simple:
To support as many people as possible to fall back in love with Nature; to protect, respect and revere and to understand our place ‘in the family of things’.
To promote Nature-based therapies at every level of society.
To engage with individuals and organisations to promote Nature as our true Spiritual path.
Nature & Therapy
Nature & Therapy UK was formed in 2017 by Ecotherapist Stefan Batorijs in response to a growing demand for an understanding to our spiritual and psycho-biological connections to Nature.
The evidence from Japanese research demonstrated the benefits of Shinrin-yoku, from a largely scientific approach and it has been important to integrate our spiritual and intuitive connections to build a holistic and relational model of well-being.
- Consider all humanity as part of Nature and an intrinsic aspect of planetary evolution.
- To care for, love, and respect all beings and accommodate the needs, values, and perspectives that make our Biosphere rich, diverse, and creative.
- To efficiently reduce our carbon footprint, waste, and non-sustainable resource use.
- To find solutions to reduce our environmental impact, increase connection, care, and understanding of natural systems and individual components to achieve cycles of sustainable life with zero pollution.
- To improve lives through listening, understanding, compassion and education.
- We all share a common ancestry within Nature and that our primary relationship with Nature has a spiritual basis.
- Working together for people and planet—we will regularly assess our practises and consult with students, partners, and stakeholders to improve best practise.
Our Strategic Aims
- Building a reputation as a centre of excellence for the dissemination of ideas and leading research into how Nature benefits human health, and ways to mitigate our impact on climate change and extinction events.
- Challenging discrimination and stigma associated with access to Nature and amateur contributions to our collective understanding of life.
- Championing Nature at a strategic and National level - giving Nature a voice where it matters most, and challenging outdated assumptions and discrimination against Nature.
- Create an efficient, thriving, inclusive and forward looking environment based on inclusion and well being.
- Contribute to global research and promotion of the benefits of Nature and the reciprocal relationship at the heart of all we do.
- To engage in dialogue with local, regional and National organisations to discuss, educate and promote Nature based recovery methods that influence future land and people management policies.